Friday, January 31, 2014

Yet Another Blog Reschedule

I've done a pretty good job bringing posts in a timely manner, but I think I need to push it back further than every Friday.

Before I hear complaints (or cheering? I'm honestly not sure who reads this thing...) here's a pretty good reason for it: I'm a writer first and a blogger second.

Lately I feel like the opposite has been happening. Whenever I have a free chunk of time to spare I spend it writing up a new post rather than working on a manuscript. With fewer posts that allows me to spread out my pre-scheduled posts further out and, thus, have more time to write.

So what is the new schedule already!? You ask in an increasingly frustrated voice.

Here it is: I'm going to try a format of every ten days. On the 10th, 20th, and 30th of every month, expect new posts (with the exception of February, with the last post of the month falling on the 28th).

Overall it won't be too much of cut. Some months have 5 Fridays, some have 4, with the new format there is going to be 3. Originally when I decided on Fridays, I did so with the purpose of giving people the weekend to read the new post, but from what I've been able to see from my readers' statistics it seems as though weekends don't really have an influx of readership (Wednesday actually seems popular for some reason.)

On the upside for my night owl readers, I will also be releasing my posts four hours earlier than before. You may have already noticed this particular time shift a post or two ago.

So, let me try this new schedule out for a few months and see how much work I get done.

Or I'll spend it looking at LOLcats.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment