Friday, January 3, 2014

My Book List for 2014

I have books piling up past my ears. A couple of months ago I had to sit down and review my bookshelves and really evaluate which books I was going to read. If the book had been sitting on a shelf for a couple of years and I still didn't find myself with the enthusiasm to read it, off to a better home it went. Things have gotten a little less cluttered from there, but I've still got quite a few sitting pretty, so let's see it I can get through 30 of them and look back on this list a year from now.

In all fairness I've intentionally left a few books unread so that I can read the next book in the series right after. I tried picking up Allegiant right away and felt totally lost, even with a scrap of paper I had written during the reading of Insurgent to help get me up to speed, and so ended up having to reshelve it.

Here is my list in no particular order, it doesn't include every unread book, just the ones I really want to get to.

Allegiant by Veronica Roth
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
Girl in the Arena by Lise Haines
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Claire
Three to get Deadly by Janet Evanovic
Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Starters by Lissa Price
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Strange Angels & Betrayals by Lili St. Crow/Lilith Saintcrow (the gothiest name I have ever seen.)
Lure of the Dead by Joseph Delaney
Liberator by Richard Harland
The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsch
The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan (I sped through all of these and then ground to a halt before starting the last one. Weird.)
The Royal Ranger by John Flanagan
The Alchemyst by Michael Scott

Here are more, in omnibus form or more than one in a series.

False Covenant by Ari Marmell
Lost Covenant by Ari Marmell
(Although from what I've seen I will probably leave these two alone until book 4 comes out. I loved Thief's Covenant but I heard Lost Covenant (book 3) left off on a cliffhanger.)

Through the Ever Night and Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi
(Another example of leaving book 2 alone until book 3 comes out.)


Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
(I read the first one so this is books 2, 3, and 4. Frostbite, Shadow Kiss, and Blood Promise.)

Flora Fyrdraaca SFBC Omnibus by Ysabeau Wilce
(This is two books in one: Flora Segunda and Flora's Dare)

Steel City Magic SFBC Omnubus by Wen Spencer
(Another two books in one: Tinker and Wolf Who Rules)


Witchworld: Swords and Spells by Andre Norton
(Three books in one, the Trey of Swords trilogy, Sword of Ice, Sword of Lost Battles, and Sword of Shadows)

No comments:

Post a Comment