Monday, January 1, 2018

Why Amazon Reviews are Important

I really don't want to write this post.

Like really.

I kinda don't even want you to read this post.


Okay I got distracted with the kittens long enough

Here we go.

Originally, when I wrote Dusted I figured Amazon reviews would just trickle in. Whenever I read an indie book I make sure to always give an author a review and, I figured, anyone else would do the same for me. Many indie authors have a page in their book that basically asks you to leave a review, I had decided not to do that. Instead I decided I "wasn't going to beg for reviews" and that if people enjoyed my book enough they would give it a review.

Instead I can now honestly say I have people who would rescue me from a burning building but have never given me an Amazon review.

They did, however, give the building 1 star on Yelp.
I've had people tell me, in person, how awesome my book was, but unless they tell other people to their face or leave a review online it's not going to do more than give me fuzzies. 

The most common excuse I've heard is "I don't know what to say" but it's not that hard.

The story was:

Great
Too slow
Too fast
Well-paced
Awful
Cliche

The characters were:

Hilarious
Even more cliche than the story
Well-rounded
Hollow shells
All Mary-Sues
Awesome

I would:

Get a refund from this book if I were able
Check out the next book in this series
Definitely buy anything from this author again
Highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a fun read
Throw this book in the fireplace
Shank this author in a dark alley

Mix and match at your leisure.

Most important than even the wording is this:


Actually wait, let me zoom in a little...


Enhance

Fuzzy Rainbow Vision activate!
I hate to say this, but quantity actually matters over quality. Ten 5-star reviews won't do me as much good as 100 3-star reviews.

So please give me, and other small-time authors, just a moment of your time and give a quick review. It helps us so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment