Friday, March 29, 2013

So You Already Wrote a Novel

Let's say you've already written a novel, (and you're not, say, procrastinating editing and making blog posts instead) you've got the easy part out of the way. Let's even assume you even have either a publisher lined up or have chosen to self-publish. Those were really the only two things I had ever focused on, between daydreaming of being a royal queen of published books.


I tried looking up an image with the search "Queen" but all I got was Queen Victoria. I then did "Queen -Victoria" but, after more pictures of Queen Victoria and the band Queen, I gave up and chose Lil' Bub.
Once I started down the road to publishing Dusted, I was suddenly hit with all of these little things in the way, all of them I hadn't prepared for at all. So, as a result, I have decided to give you what I call So You Already Wrote a Novel, or SYAWAN, for short (which also happens to be a place in India.)

Anything related to SYAWAN (if you're having trouble saying it, I suggest "see-ya-wan") will detail the little things that you may or may not be expecting on your own road to get published. They're things that you want to at least keep in mind on the road to getting published, but you don't want to get caught up in fantasizing about instead of actually writing a novel. I suggest when you're about 3/4ths of the way through the final edit of your already written novel.

The subjects will include:

The blurb
The cover
Advertising your book

And anything else I happen to think up later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment